Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
None the Wiser
Rides:: Honda c70 , Transalp , Mz sidecar , Kawasaki Z1100

Post by None the Wiser » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Glad to have found this forum it has already helped inspire me to get on with my restoration .Here is my 1983 C70C which I have owned since 1988 . Bought for 50 pounds I used it to commute in all weather until 1995 when it was parked up . Image
In 1999 I moved to Germany and left it with my brother who used it a few times and then Sorned it. It sat in a dry garage until 2015 when it was used as a paddock bike at Spa in Belgium and this year I decided to collect it and bring it back here to Germany .
It is mechanically very good having only covered 11,000 miles but the bodywork needs some attention but the biggest challenge will be getting it registered here.
The Cub in all forms was never imported to Germany and it will have to go through a special process with the TUV.As you may know there are rules for everything here and because of this I need much more information than what is provided on the English reg doc. I managed to get via Honda Japan and Honda Deutschland an information sheet on the English spec C70 but important details are still missing so I will have to put it through a special single vehicle test( approx €300 ! ) before it can go on the road again . Such is the price of exclusivity but I will have probably the only one in existence here and I am up for a challenge so here we go
Everything is now apart and needs checking cleaning and many parts replacing . I need a seat cover ( exclusive to this model I think ) a headlamp that dips to the right ( no bits of tape allowed here ) and lots of paint and rust curing stuff.
As a start can anyone confirm that my bike is Aquarius Blue PB51 and has anyone used the alternatively listed Ford Electric Monza Blue ?
Richard

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Re: Newbie

Post by knapdog » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Very nice...... and welcome!
The original Aquarius Blue is PB52.
On my C70C restoration I've used the Ford Electric Monza Blue which is a much more vibrant, vivid choice.
Feel free to check out my progress. It's taken me nearly four years on and off (more "off"), but I'm nearly there :

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14104

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:51 am

That's a little cracker, good luck with the registration process, I hope it goes well. :D

None the Wiser
Rides:: Honda c70 , Transalp , Mz sidecar , Kawasaki Z1100

Post by None the Wiser » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Thanks for the good luck wishes I think I will need them , although the TUV engineer I am dealing with is fairly laid back ( in german terms ! ) The link to Knapdogs resto was very inspiring although 4 years is a little longer than I am hoping for. But there again I am going more for patina than perfection , thats my excuse anyway.
Richard

Hrcplag
Rides:: C70 1983 12v

Post by Hrcplag » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Oh yes. Very nice, love the blue colours. Good luck with the build and Tuv test. Will be keeping an eye out for more updates on this one.
Cheers