To the end of the world and back

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Gavepapir
Rides:: C90

To the end of the world and back

Post by Gavepapir » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:06 pm

Hey everyone. So this is my first post.. Joined the forum a while back to view some technical discussion. Cool place you have here!

I like driving far on mopeds. First time i drove to Iran from Denmark. Last year i drove to Syria (on my small 50 cc Suzuki). Then i got the idea to drive until i ran out of land and then turn back, so in march i'll try to cross the entire european and asian continents. A friend of mine recommended that i looked into the C90, and so i ended up buying one (1996 from Greece). I finally got plates on it, and have started stocking up on gear. This is more or less the route:

So i am quite a noob with mechanics, and usually i'm left to other peoples good will if i break down somewhere. The C90 is in pretty good condition, so i'm hoping to not have too much trouble. I wrote to Ed March, the C90adeventures guy, and he gave me a few tips what to look out for maintenance-wise. If any of you have tips, or dos and don'ts, i would like to hear them.

Right now i'm trying to find a few spare parts, but it seems to me to be a bit difficult to find in this part of the world.

All the best!
Jakob (Denmark)

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Re: To the end of the world and back

Post by 125erCrazy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:24 pm

Welcome Jakob

First congrats on getting a new King nice to see some good news for a change that isn't bleeding the tax payers pocket :mrgreen:

Secondly that's some mega journeys & would love to hear more before you embark on your next journey.
What Suzuki did you ride (I'm still a Suzy fanboy)

Finally is there a blog to follow (YouTube :?: ) or can we see regular updates here 8-)

Gavepapir

Post by Gavepapir » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:22 pm

125erCrazy wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:24 pm
Welcome Jakob

First congrats on getting a new King nice to see some good news for a change that isn't bleeding the tax payers pocket :mrgreen:
Yup, thanks.. Has been hard to avoid it in the news for a whole month now. I care not too much, hehe.

The Suzuki is a danish model called DM50. It was very puny, i broke down around 20 times on my first trip. Spokes breaking, bearings and wheels breaking, stuff like that. I then bought a Honda CB400N, a fine motercycle, but i found it was too fast and heavy for me. In my experience, travelling is about being flexible, and motorcycles are just a tad heavy for that.

I'm trying to post a picture of the route. I'll try again:

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:46 pm

Gavepapir wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:22 pm

In my experience, travelling is about being flexible, and motorcycles are just a tad heavy

I'm trying to post a picture of the route. I'll try again:
You won't find many nay sayers here on that view. Can now view your route are you going clockwise or anti clockwise and what time frame :?:

Gavepapir

Post by Gavepapir » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:35 pm

125erCrazy wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:46 pm

You won't find many nay sayers here on that view. Can now view your route are you going clockwise or anti clockwise and what time frame :?:
So anti clock wise. Out through Europe and China, home through Russia. I will be putting the C90 on the transsiberian railway some of the way home, because of visa limitations, but all in all i am planning to do it in around 5 months. The last owner put a 110 cc head on the bike, so it has a fair amount of power. I reckon i pretty comfortably can drive 300 kms in 1 day, maybe even more!

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:45 am

Hi, and welcome, Also reach out to chloe, she is also doing part of your route, ( no idea of her time scale ) but will probably have some good advice.
https://youtu.be/iVAmV7L-k9U?si=T-PmUJ8kFz06qfu5