Three Old Men and 50 Cubs

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Three Old Men and 50 Cubs

Post by knapdog » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:58 am

Took a ride over to Marco's for coffee this morning, looked to my right and see an unusual sight in South Wales...........three Cubs....

Monkey, Dee and Bowie have been travelling the whole coastline of Great Britain and this is the last leg, Leg Three. They're doing it for a number of charities and have so far raised around £11,000. This leg is for Blood Bikes Cumbria and a children's hospice.
They're 1986 Japanese imports and so are the bikes :shock:
It was great to chat with them and swop and compare Cub stories with me telling them about the Four Old Fogeys Jogle trip in 2015.
They had stayed in Cardiff Bay last night and were heading for Pembroke Dock.
Great, great, great bunch of clubbers and I wish them safety and fun on their journey.
If you wish to donate....... gofundme.com/f/three-old-men-and-50-cubs . I shall be contributing shortly.
They have a Facebook page..Three Old Men and 50 Cubs plus a website giving a detailed account of their adventure...https://threemenand50cubs.co.uk/ .
Pleasure to meet them...

billyfix
Rides:: c90 6v classic, c90 cub economy, Triumph Bonneville T120. mk 2 Honda cbf1000 FA

Re: Three Old Men and 50 Cubs

Post by billyfix » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:29 pm

I also turned up on Blue as they were leaving for Pembroke dock, what a great bunch of guys, I wish you all well stay safe- Billyfix:

Bowster
Rides:: Super Cub C50

Post by Bowster » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:54 am

Absolute pleasure to meet you guys! We have all returned safe and sound back up to Carlisle, where we had a bit of a party. The Cubs never missed a beat…. Well I ran out of petrol after visiting the IOM and doing a couple of laps around the TT course. I think my reserve tap might be piped up wrong? I ran the Cub dry. By heck it was cold up on the mountain
Ride safe guys

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:39 am

Bowster wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:54 am
Absolute pleasure to meet you guys! We have all returned safe and sound back up to Carlisle, where we had a bit of a party. The Cubs never missed a beat…. Well I ran out of petrol after visiting the IOM and doing a couple of laps around the TT course. I think my reserve tap might be piped up wrong? I ran the Cub dry. By heck it was cold up on the mountain
Ride safe guys
Verg well done. Epic journey for worthwhile causes
You could write a book on all your experiences.
Glad you got back safely.
Make sure this is not just a fleeting visit to this forum.
It's a welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable place. Pose any cub query and you'll get a solution.You'll find there'll be a few clubbers near you and there are always Cub ride-outs organised.
Very well done, Dee, Bowie and Monkey.

Chuggy
Rides:: 1982 C90ZZ 6V converted to 12V

Post by Chuggy » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:06 pm

I just had a quick look at the website and read a bit of the blog of your amazing trip, I've bookmarked it and will be back to read more, very well done the three of you 8-)

Bowster
Rides:: Super Cub C50

Post by Bowster » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:11 pm

PeterT
Rides:: Cub A120 Hybrid

Post by PeterT » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:27 pm

Makes ya Proud ... I'm not even involved but I feel the love :D