Lancs run over to Settle

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
CubStig
Rides:: '85 C90E '82 CD200 '98 CB500 '99 CB500

Lancs run over to Settle

Post by CubStig » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:16 pm

As written by my good friend Bogger......

The North West boys have had a plendiferous run out today to Settle in North Yorkshire. Nige came up from South Wales. Nige, by the way, is an honorary Lancastrian as we in the North West are honorary Welsmen and proud of it too boyo. Nige zoomed up to chez Bogger on the Saturday and set about trying to eat and drink me out of house and home. He stayed over on the Saturday night and we went through our intended run through France and Spain that we have planned for next summer.
We departed off up to Russ's house at about 9.00am on the Sunday. Up through Wigan and Standish via the back lanes to North Preston. JJ had text me on the way saying that the guy who was buying his camper van had allready turned up and he was 'wick' to get going. Me and Nige had a quick coffee at Russ's then all three of us shot over to JJ's. Russ led and for some strange reason rode like a man possesed even overtaking an unsuspecting FJR1400 on the way. We arrived at JJ's to find Chris Hunt allready there and fiddling with his 6v. The 6v that he was/has/is having running/power problems with. At least it wasn't the CZ this time. Pleasanties exchanged we headed in the direction of Settle via the Trough of Bowland. The scenery in the 'Trough' is not unlike that on the Rhayader bimbles.
It was clear from the off that Chris was struggling on the c90 6v. After a few miles I swapped bikes with him just see how it went for myself. It didn't go very well unfortunately and I could understand why he couldn't keep up very easily. After a few more miles, just before the village of Slaidburn. The Latvian ladies of ill repute type Slaidburn no less, Chris calls it a day and heads back home to ponder whether to fix the 6v or indeed burn it. The four remaining souls carry on to Settle, with Nige and JJ trying to outdo each other on every bend and straight. JJ was quicker up the hills but Nige had the pace on the straights. Before long the picturesque town of Settle looms into view. Although different than Rhyadar it is about the same size, but without all the pubs. There were a few bikes allready parked up in the square by the time we got there. Some nice bike too, all different kinds from cruisers and Gixxers to some Brit stuff. It was time for Britains finest fish and chips. It's only a small cafe but the fish and chips are the best I've tasted, I know Russ agrees with me.
Nige gets his map of France out and scares the life out of JJ with the intended route through France for next year (Diesel, Ady, Ric, it aint that bad ...honest).
Nige is ace at packing a top box, the stuff he can fit in needs to be seen to be believed. In the cafe he asks if we would like a scone for desert?? what? He's got some packed in his top box along with butter and jam. JJ's first up, he cuts his scone open and nige spreads on some butter then some jam.. Nige has only gone and brought garlic butter. In true to form JJ is totally unfazed and eats it...Yuk..
Nige has got a long haul home from Settle, about 280mls, gulp. As it's allready 1.00pm its time to head off home. JJ goes North and the rest of us head South back towards Skipton. Past Skipton Russ peels off for Preston and me and Nige head for Colne. When we hit the M65 Nige gives me the thumbs up and he's away trying to get home in a decent time. He's soon disappeared out of site and I wend my way across the top of the M65 then doen onto the M6 and home. The weather, for once, was really nice all day.
I hope everyon got home ok and that Nige made it back for about 7.00-8.00pm.

Bogger.......Boo rang us at 12.10pm, he'd just got out of bedJibber.

Russ.

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Re: Lancs run over to Settle

Post by aliengravy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:32 am

Looks like you had a nice ride out!! I cant remember from Rhayader, but are JJ's and Niges bikes standard?

fizzydaze
Rides:: Honda Singles

Post by fizzydaze » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 am

I doubt it at the speeds they were topping!!! ;)

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Post by aliengravy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:24 pm

I just remembered JJ has a dream doesn't he?

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi James.

The DREAM was James's
JJ has the burgendy Innova engined CM90 > I think....

ANYTHING Nige has isnt STANDARD !!!!