essex air ambulance run

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
trebuchet
Rides:: honda c90 triumph scrambler

essex air ambulance run

Post by trebuchet » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:01 am

I m probably bringing the c90 over from Ireland next week to visit my brother who lives in Harwich.i was wondering if anybody from the forum is taking part in the run.it might be nice to put a few faces to names.trebuchet

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Re: essex air ambulance run

Post by bikerbaker » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:14 am

I have done this run several times, twice on the C90. Doing the full run from Dunton is not IMHO pleasurable on a low powered bike. Even though there are a few police bikes in attendance, mainly at the head of the queue, once you hit the A130 all the Francis Rossi wannabees appear. It's effing dangerous being overtaken on both sides at the same time and I got brushed past twice. Seemed to settle down after a while but the next year I had my own run through the lanes and minor roads, ending up in Harwich which was much more fun.

Too late to pre register but I will probably be there on something! :D

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:24 am

Like BikerBaker I’ve done this ride many times, sadly it’s going the same way as the Southend Shakedown in that it attracts knobs (on quads too) who use the anonymity of the crowd to generally misbehave and on a Cub your just seen as a target.

Take the biggest padlock and chain you can carry.

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 pm

trebuchet

I don't do the run for the reasons stated above plus few years back a rider was killed (seems to be forgotten about) but also "nobs on quads" grip my shit.

However I will be at the Christian Motorcycles Association stand for a while so If you see a blue fjs600 parked there look for the good looking bloke :lol:
standing next to it :roll:

trebuchet
Rides:: honda c90 triumph scrambler

Post by trebuchet » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:20 am

i.m sorry I didn.t see your reply till the day after the run.i brought the c90 over from Ireland but didn.t take part in the run as I was already in Harwich to visit my brother.though I did marshall on the day and remember walking past your tent.i don't think i.ll bring the c90 over again as I found the road surfaces to be fairly bad through and around most towns.constantly looking out for sunken manholes,trenches and potholes.lorry drivers all gave me a wide berth wether on A or B roads but then i.d be cut up by car drivers when the other side of the road would be clear.Managed to get a rear wheel puncture when mistakenly getting on the m6 [never ride on the hard shoulder] it took me 2 hours to realize I couldn.t fix it then a further 4 hours to get recovered.not a good day.by far the best bit of road I went on was the welsh section of the a5.but its always good to be out on the bike.trebuchet