chewing gum

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
joeylamb
Rides:: honda c90

chewing gum

Post by joeylamb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:47 pm

i was ride my trusty c90 yesterday i turned my lights on because it was a bit gloomy and they whole bike cut out. PANIC!!!! took the spark out wasnt getting any spark off of it so checked the fuse and it had blown , so i came up with a idea of bypassing it wrap some foil from my ciggarette packet around it stick it with chewing gum!! and it worked kickd over first time!! wat a great bike

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Re: chewing gum

Post by aliengravy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm

That has to be one of the best bodges i've heard of yet! Well done! I would still check why the fuse went as you could have a fire!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:05 pm

If its a square headlamp , it doesnt NEED a battery feed to run !

Battery feeds the stop/tail lamp, horn & indicators only.

Do replace the fuse for the correct one & also check the battery level while your at it ?

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm

Reminds me of a great dodge I did about 1984 when CB came out. Was about to turn in when the power pack for my CB cut out. Realising it was a fuse, I spied a screw on the dressing table that had fallen out of the mirror. Thinking it was the 12v side, I dropped it in, It was the 240 side, and the whole thing became live, While sat naked on my bed with it in my lap........ :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

SirDiesel
Rides:: Specialized Rockhopper. Was a c90 but that fell prey to tin worm

Post by SirDiesel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:36 am

hahaha that reminds me of when i was about 8 and my parents bought me a kit of various electronic components to experiment with as i was always taking things apart. I had yet to learn the difference between AC and DC.

Anyone remember those little 12v white buzzers you used to be able to buy for about 50p? prob replaced by piezoelectrics now but back then i had a few. Needed to test one and couldn't find a battery so i got the 2-pin telefunken power lead from my genuine ghetto blaster, pushed the two bared wire ends in, held them there, plugged in and switched on.

The buzzer made an annoyed squeal then i made a pained "YEEEOOOOOOWWW" as two hundred and thirty of her majesty's finest hit my arm :lol: Fisher Price - My First Mains Electric Shock.

Since then i've had a big burst from an ancient, huge pulse battery charger for car & 24v lorry cells.. the kind that goes "thrum..thrum..thrum" every half second or so loud enough to hear across a big workshop, and makes the air a few feet around it tingle, numerous shocks from stuff like pc psu's that i've had to fiddle with live.. sometimes i think subconsciously i like them.. definitely a buzz :lol: