Run in with an ambulance

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Run in with an ambulance

Post by Leiba » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:22 pm

I had a bit of a scary encounter with an ambulance car today. I was aware that it was behind me but there was no hurry, I was doing around 30 in a 30 zone and he didn't have his lights or horns going. Then suddenly he decided to overtake me just as the road narrowed by a traffic island. He was sooo close. Luckily I saw him in my wing mirrow as he came up fast beside me but then suddenly I didn't. He'd whacked my wing mirror with his. Sh*t! And he didn't stop nor turn on his blues and twos so it wasn't a sudden call that he'd got. In fact I could see him stuck behind the car in front of me right until the next set of lights. It seems he just didn't want to sit behind a little old Cub. He was happy enough behind the car and made no attempt to pass him. Or maybe he was touting for custom? Knock me off my bike and get brownie points for his first aid skills? :shock:

Jono
Rides:: 2003 Triumph Bonneville... the cub is stranded... sniff...

Re: Run in with an ambulance

Post by Jono » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Pass.... sorry

Only time I do that is when I need to... (not knocking wing mirrors off!) maybe he was erm... a bit of a t*t... you do get 'em...

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 pm

How annoying!
Given your experience I think the driver must have been an ass!
I think I would have made a complaint.

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi Jono! Soon you'll be on your mission. I hope that all goes well and you don't meet arseh*les like I did today. The wing mirror wasn't knocked off, only spun. In place it was pointing at right angles to the bike. After 'meeting him' it was pointing forwards. Luckily I don't tighten my nuts too tight, (scuse the expression) so it just spun forwards. I feel the inclination to swear but I'll bite my tongue/finger.