UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
User avatar
onittino3
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 pm
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda innova
Location: Merstham Surrey

UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by onittino3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Some of you maybe aware...that me and Chris starting our UK tour this Friday, we will be taking in a few of GB's highlights starting with the David Silver Museum, The muckleburgh military collection, the Bubble Car Museum, across the peak district, across Snowdonia National Park, Portmeirion, Malvern Hills, Cotswolds, Mendips, South Downs, if anyone would like to join us i can give you the details of all the campsites that we are using, even if its only for a small leg of the journey your more than welcome. :D

The tour starts on Friday the 14th of July for 10 days 8-), we will be covering a maximum of 120 miles a day, some days are less so will give plenty of time to take it all in, in total we should cover 1100, hopping for glorious sunshine 8-)

Route below

Image

User avatar
onittino3
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 pm
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda innova
Location: Merstham Surrey

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by onittino3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Chris has just sent me this pick, his bikes fully loaded 3 days ahead of the start date :o :o someone's keen :lol: :lol: :lol:


Image

horobags
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 pm
Rides:: c-90 12v, sh300
Location: scruffy old mancfester..

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by horobags » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:03 pm

great, ride safe and have fun. 8-)

User avatar
Capitano
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 pm
Rides:: '92 C90, '11 Kwak W800 & '05 Peugeot Ludix
Location: West Sussex
Contact:

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by Capitano » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 pm

onittino3 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm
Chris has just sent me this pick, his bikes fully loaded 3 days ahead of the start date :o :o someone's keen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Learn the lessons of the Isle of Wight trip last year and keep the weight out of those front baskets. 8-)

If I packed 3 days before I set off I wouldn't ave anything to wear! :lol:

Have an excellent trip ... then have a break before coming to the Softies weekend. :D

User avatar
onittino3
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 pm
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda innova
Location: Merstham Surrey

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by onittino3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:14 pm

horobags wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:03 pm
great, ride safe and have fun. 8-)
Will do 8-)

User avatar
onittino3
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 pm
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda innova
Location: Merstham Surrey

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by onittino3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Capitano wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 pm
onittino3 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm
Chris has just sent me this pick, his bikes fully loaded 3 days ahead of the start date :o :o someone's keen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Learn the lessons of the Isle of Wight trip last year and keep the weight out of those front baskets. 8-)

If I packed 3 days before I set off I wouldn't ave anything to wear! :lol:

Have an excellent trip ... then have a break before coming to the Softies weekend. :D
I'm not using a front basket this year :shock:, Chris wasn't ment too either but his run out of room :lol:

User avatar
bikerbaker
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 pm
Rides:: 1990 C90, 1986 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, K1&K6 SV650S, BMW F800 GT, Buell XB12R
Location: Rochford Essex

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Bubble car Museum is great. What day you going?

User avatar
onittino3
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 pm
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda innova
Location: Merstham Surrey

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by onittino3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm

bikerbaker wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 pm
Bubble car Museum is great. What day you going?
Sunday 16th pm or Monday 17th am, depends on how well Sunday goes

User avatar
bikerbaker
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 pm
Rides:: 1990 C90, 1986 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, K1&K6 SV650S, BMW F800 GT, Buell XB12R
Location: Rochford Essex

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Don't think they are open on any other days but Fri, Sat & Sun (and Bank Hols) so better make it Sunday. Open until 5pm.

I ride past it 3 or 4 times a year and have done for 4 years or so. Only ever caught it open once.

Good Luck!

User avatar
raybarber
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:00 pm
Rides:: Honda SH300
Location: Droitwich
Contact:

Re: UK Half tour July 14 - 24th

Post by raybarber » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:53 pm

There's a good cafe at Crossgates on the A44. A lot of Worcester riders make for it on a nice day. The A44 is a cracking road.

http://rigsville.com/crossgates-cafe/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest