wicklow run aug 2016 ireland part 1

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

wicklow run aug 2016 ireland part 1

Post by shayshondacub90 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:05 am

not having been out in public(except to work) on the wee honda since june.. i needed a day out and a run was on in wicklow a (favororite of mine in my car but never on my bike??????)
the garden of ireland its a bikers paradise(on sundays mornings anyway)
by car motorway was fastest route but i was travelling on worlds best motorcycle :D so longest route was best....
i decided to take bike over sallys gap a route best done in a car or a big bike ..
newly bought go pro type camera attactched to helmet i hit the road and soon enough i was on the wicklow mountains and stopped to press record on my helmet camera ;)
off i went over 20 miles of ups and downs twists and turns lovely footage i was thinking as i passed tru wicklow national park :D
on arrival in laragh in glendlough i stopped for a coffee and decided to check my cherished footage :)
sadness filled my heart as i realised my camera was actually pointing at the speedo on my bike and not the open road as intended :oops:
arriving a hour too early i had time to kill so i decided to head down to glenmalure a short hop away
being a avid hiker iv been here before and i knew this was a good spot to stop..
id just missed a henkel tourist meet and a 40 strong gang had just had there annual meet here!!!!!
to be continued
shay