Bloody car drivers..Or the cub bites back

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Jon

Bloody car drivers..Or the cub bites back

Post by Jon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:00 pm

Coming through Salisbury today in traffic, two lanes turning to three approaching a roundabout, a woman in a Pug 306 decided she liked the space ahead of me I was braking into so just swerved from the left most lane directly into what had become the middle lane, in front of me and taking my braking space. We are talking 'clipping the front wheel' close

That is just not the done thing so I moved out to the right 'gap' as she came across (had to otherwise she have side-swiped me), slapped her door mirror clean off as I passed her, then filtered to the front as per usual.

I mean, she clearly doesn't use the damn things so I'm doing her a favour by removing dead weight, surely....

It made me feel better and she'll have thought she narrowly missed killing a motorbike rider as she didn't look so perhaps she'll pay more attention next time

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Re: Bloody car drivers..Or the cub bites back

Post by Bogger » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:31 am

You Are correct, but I guess she will just think you are a tw*t. That's with an 'a' by the way

Bogger

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 am

Bogger wrote:You Are correct, but I guess she will just think you are a tw*t. That's with an 'a' by the way

Bogger
The way I did it, it all happened fast enough that she could easily assume she had swerved in front of a bike who had then clipped her....But either she saw me...And did it, in which case she is a total cant...with a 'U'... or she didn't, in which case she is a stupid idiot who needs a lesson.....

And she can think what she wants frankly...As long as she doesn't think she can pull in front of bikes without consequences..

I AM a tw't anyway,...So nothing new there!

bumbledog
Rides:: mostly Plumstead Matchless

Post by bumbledog » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:59 am

Sadly there is no defence to this kind of car driver; remonstrate with them and they are liable to start screaming you've abused them,assuaulted them, threatened them, swore at them etc. Call the cops and they'll take the side of the female even in front of witnesses to the contrary.

ask me how I know :roll:

Anticipation is the best defence so I avoid women in BMW minis, Audis, any 4x4, convertables with the top up or down, any of the previous driven by a very young woman, or mutton dressed as lamb, especially when in a car with top down being driven by a 50+bleached blonde with dark sunglasses and hermes scarves, ditto expensive versions driven by old blokes who think they look like pop stars, also anything with blacked out windows, and of course the bike riders favourite Volvo, though Audi drivers now take top spot as bike killers.

Any of the above should be wary of an angry old cropped grey haired 69 yr old driving a battered dirty 205 Peugeot as though the devil is biting at his arse.................... :evil:

George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Post by George » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:56 am

I was on my way to work one morning and the queues are incredibly long from the site entrance onto all the nearby roads... we're talking 2-3 miles long almost, at a stand still. A roundabout which ruins everything on top... one lane B road... I was on the no man's land after the roundabout on my C90... that white line area that shouldn't be used... it's as wide as a Cub and I was in the middle of it. From the other way, one lane turns into two close to the roundabout... this guy gets on the 2nd lane as I was riding towards him still not on his lane having the white line area at my disposal... and 10 m before me, he literally swerves towards me! He was doing at least 35 and I was doing 25... I had a very good instinct to get the f`˙# out of his way by throwing the Cub to the left as hard as I could as I was still in the same trajectory... did not have enough time to lean with the Cub... and his wing mirror was fast approaching me... I still don't know how I've avoided that mirror with my arm... kind of squeezed my self inwards and managed to barely avoid him! He almost took the whole no man's land as seeing him in the mirror before swerving back on his lane... he just went for me for no reason... he had 2 lanes at his disposal and he decided that I was a better option... I do not get the frustration... I'm sure that he encountered someone on a bike further up the road that was overtaking the 3 miles long queue on a double white line and he decided to go for me... but I wasn't taking his space... no need to take the law in your hands like that. I was so scared that I could not turn around after him! I was so amazed and puzzled that I was still upright and riding that I needed some time to get used to being alive. First bad experience since I've got to the UK... hope to be the last one... I had enough close calls in Romania by idiots who were so frustrated that they had to wait and I could go... that's the point of the Cub! If I want to sit in traffic, I could stay in my car... but I don't want to.

bumbledog
Rides:: mostly Plumstead Matchless

Post by bumbledog » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Drivers like should have their cars crushed.

They do do it on purpose, I gave up despatch riding after 3 near misses in a week, two of them while I was standing still.

On purpose you say? back inthe 1970s I worked for the City Of London Police as a bike mechanic, so used to get to test ride the bikes, I'd have to cover up the rear police sign but not the front; riding up Whitehall once some twat pulled out right in front of me, causing a bit of a hard bake moment, then he looked in his rear view mirror grinning, yes he'd done it on purpose, but then he clocked the blue lights , and the white Triumph, I could see his knuckles whiten on the steering wheel, so I followed him as far as the White City before I got fed up, he drove very carefully on that trip. So, not only lack of observation but evil intent.

It's alarming how these types never see something like a police vehicle, or use their mirrors, I was once following a pair of old twats one of who was reading a map, which I had spotted, who then pointed right, and his driver just slung the wheel over to slew hard right, and that was in the middle of London, not exactly traffic free even then.

wanderingwill
Rides:: jincheng monkey copy 110cc yamasaki 125 sinnis sc125

Post by wanderingwill » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:51 pm

its always been the same no indicators dont look in the mirror and they usually think you havent got a car ..they got thier head up thier arse and the car is is their status :)