paddy dakar limerick ireland sept 26 2015 part 1

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

paddy dakar limerick ireland sept 26 2015 part 1

Post by shayshondacub90 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:31 am

for my last trip out in 2015 on the cub 90 the annual paddy dakar in doon limerick was the destination
taking the fri off work i hit the road at 11am for the 140 mile spin to doon limerick.
lovely dry weather all the way down i arrived about 5pm and dident rush myself at all to get there.
i head for the usual camping spot(behind the pub)and tent was soon put up.
welsh lads were already there since arriving in ireland thurs night.
bite to eat and off to the paddy dakar hq as all the registrations were taking place fri evening.
200 bikes turned up for this popular annual event always held in sept in doon limerick.
usually the honda run does be on the sat afternoon but this year it wasent on this weekend
(dident mater to me anyway)id time booked off and doon was calling...
heading back to camp after the paddy dakar registration we done the night route into the mountains
and it was pitch black and i was sandwiched between a ktm and a bmw
it was a bout a hour long and about 15 miles and i was glad when we made it back to campsite in one piece!!!!
the fri night in the pub was the best night and all the dakar gang were in good form and excited about the next day.
rolling back to my tent at 3ish :? i slept like a baby in the very mild weather.
next morning i walked up to the local shop and had a nice breakfast and a read of the paper as id nowhere to go as such..
so i decided to get my map out and go somewhere as the day way looking dry...
i decided on clare the county next to limerick where i was and i sadlled up my cub 90 and set off for co, clare
i head for limerick city and then out the back roads till i hit the clare border,
i was heading for killaloe in clare a town on the river shannon.
to be continued...
pink 50 and irish phone box.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.