Feet First gathering

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Re: Feet First gathering

Post by knapdog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:46 am

^^^^^^ Ah. Got it!!

laverdabru
Rides:: Honda ANF125- 5, Kawa ZX-9RC1, sorn'd Mirage, Gpz900R & blown up Sprint.

Post by laverdabru » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Some interesting pics there, Pete. As an FF fan, you might find the following of interest;
Before his untimely death in Australia, Bob Milsom was a good friend of mine. He bought the 'Cibie' Z-1300 powered Phaser demo FF, & that really used to turn heads when he parked up outside my house in Worcester 30 odd years ago. He wrote off the Phaser in Oz after emigrating there with his Australian wife.
Returned to the UK & bought a Laverda Mirage, which he sold to me (for £1700!) as he couldn't get a decent trade in against the then new Honda Blackbird. He then re emigrated, but was sadly killed on the Honda in an accident. I did see a few years ago that someone had bought the Phaser wreckage & imported it back to the UK, but heard nothing of it since.

Please PM me for any further info.

All the Best

Bru

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Post by raybarber » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:55 pm

We went to a Craft Centre just outside of Usk and the gut showed my around his workshop, which was full of partly built Helix tyoe machines. Could this be where you were?

Hightechpete
Rides:: Streamline Innova,Honda Shadow,Jialing 70,C100,Honda 400,Helix

Post by Hightechpete » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am

I did see a few years ago that someone had bought the Phaser wreckage & imported it back to the UK, but heard nothing of it since.
Brought back from 'Oz' by Mark Crowson, the last I heard, he was trying to find a Tait front end which was damaged in the crash.
We went to a Craft Centre just outside of Usk
Yes Ray, that's the home of John Bruce, a legend in the FF world. He's been helping me (or rather I've been helping him) build an FF 400 Superdream which is now complete and MOT'd, just needs a coat of paint and bodywork reassembly, oh, and probably a top end re-build, and a screen and a couple of other minor jobs. Perhaps I should have said 'almost complete'.

hairygit
Rides:: 1986 C90, 1975 CB750F1, 1982 CB650SCC

Post by hairygit » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 am

I used to know Mark Crowson years ago when I lived in Hastings, he had 2 Quasars back then, and I seem to remember there were only 21 made! He also had a barn full of old and strange bikes, including a Russian Ural (BMW copy) and a Cossack, plus many old Brit bikes as well, but they were jointly owned with his brother John, who was into rare/unusual 3 wheelers as well, such as early Reliants and Bond minicars.

Hightechpete
Rides:: Streamline Innova,Honda Shadow,Jialing 70,C100,Honda 400,Helix

Post by Hightechpete » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Mark is probably the Quasar world expert, he built Quasar no. 22 from the last remaining chassis. His YouTube blog of the build can be found at https://youtu.be/W5UXwzDalmY