A quick day out

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

A quick day out

Post by Leiba » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Today was one of my rare outings on Ruby. I had to get a couple of bits of shopping but decided to go the long way round to give Ruby a bit more than a 2 mile run. So I decided to go out via Ally Pally. I got to the end of my road and it was then that I decided I should get out more often. Right opposite, where there used to be a 2 storey art supplies showroom was now a 3 (or was it 4?) storey block of flats. That wasn’t there the last time I went out!. Usually my taxis take me the other way from my house so I haven’t been that way for some time. Oh dear. :roll:
On towards Ally Pally. I should have known, there was a function going on up there and the road was choc-a-block with slow moving traffic. Even the bike couldn’t get through, (if I wanted to avoid a fine that is). The carpark was, as expected, full, the operative word there being CARpark. They let little Ruby in though. I parked in my usual place taking in my usual view, (last years calendar) but it was too busy to hang about for long so I headed down to the river where I used to live on a boat. Just before I drove off I noticed a dark shadow under the engine. Oh oh, oil leak. :!: Seconds later I realised it was my own shadow, my helmet to be exact. Doh. :oops:
It was busy down by the lock too. Loads of people on pushbikes, in fact almost everybody was on pushbikes. They were even pulling up in cars and getting their bikes from the boot then cycling off. Only one person fishing though, a woman spinning while her fella sat on a bench watching. Too many boats moored up there probably. There’s loads of boats there nowadays, all along the towpaths. I think they’re all exercising the “two week” mooring rule and just swapping places with their neighbours every fortnight.
I glanced over at Ruby parked a few feet away in the carpark. He’s looking a wee bit grubby and Hub’s threatening to go out and give him a wash. I don’t really want that to happen. Hub has a habit of sticking hose pipes up where hose pipes shouldn’t go and he’d probably do some mischief there. Apart from that Ruby looks alright…. something missing. I couldn’t quite work out what it was. Then I noticed that my rear mudflap was gone along with my L plate that was stuck to it. :o Oh dear. During the recent building works the council forced on us I threw away the makings of a new mudflap so now I have to find something else to use. :|
I headed home via the supermarket and a pound shop and that was the end of my little excursion. Nearly 20 miles in total. OK, not a lot, but I’ve been sick and I have to stay close to home(ish). ;)

bumbledog
Rides:: mostly Plumstead Matchless

Re: A quick day out

Post by bumbledog » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:58 pm

good on yer girl, :D

further than I went today

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Re: A quick day out

Post by barker » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:04 pm

wish I could get out on my bike since my op on the 8th ive been stuck in hospital till Saturday when they allowed me home but I cant drive for 6 weeks,im having to visit stgeorges hospital three days a week for check ups for the next month, that means a taxi at 5am every Monday Wednesday and Friday get home about 4pm trouble is im so tired at the present time I don't feel much like going out,to day I sat in the garden then the green house started up two of my bikes had a cup of tea then went to bed for a couple of hours
don't get many visitors so chatting to you lot on the site is a god sent
take care of your self and hubby