ring of kerry honda run may 2015 part 3

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

ring of kerry honda run may 2015 part 3

Post by shayshondacub90 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:37 am

on the sunday morning i took my wet gear of the radiaters in the house and got the bike ready for the main event.
registration was just across the road from our house and the crowds started to turn up all bringing there little hondas (and big ones)
one guy came along on a goldwing with trailer attached
the trailer was for his 2 mint honda 50s!!!
him and his missus rode the both of them 105 miles around the ring of kerry leaving the goldwing to twidle its thumbs!!!
over 240 bikes registered for this major irish event held every june in killarney and id guess there was even more bikes there
but some probely dident sign up.
we set off at 1045 as we had being invited to take part in the motorcycle parade through the citycentre of killarney
and we met the big bikers and they let us into the middle of them and i must admit it was a great experience to have hundreds of people
taking pictures and waving at you as you pass by(im sure the harleys got a wave too lol)
we then went our seperate ways as we had the ring of kerry to do :)
first stop was killorgan co kerry for fuel and put on the rain gear as rain had started(dident stay long mind)
then we head off again hundreds of bikes great sight i must admit even though its not my first time to see it
( my third ring of kerry on this c90)
a little later on we stopped in caherviceen co kerry for lunch and a lovely spread of sambos and tea coffee and cakes were put on for us
and the lovely sun had a made a guest appearance at long last...
sambos and tea down us we head on for more lovely scenery and i was amazed at the amount of people doing the ring on pushbikes :shock:
buns of steel im guessing you would have at the end of this long hilly route..
we then passed the charlie chaplin statue in little town i cant remember :oops:
on last trip there when we did stop i read the plaque that said he had a holiday home here in his hollywood heyday to escape the preasure of fame..
then after a long climb up very steep mountain we stopped to take in the scenery and it was lovely
there was busloads of americans and they were facinated by our little hondas(sure why wouldent they be) :D
some picccys taken we set off again and soon we then reached sneem co kerry and had a short stop..
swiftly moving on we drove nonstop back to killarney as the rain was starting up
we hit the heavy traffic once back in town but when your on a small motorbike traffic aint a problem :D
back at the house little over a 100 miles had been done and it was enjoyable..
bikes locked up again few cans of beer were enjoyed then plodded over to the boozer for a few more(sure werent we on holidays) :lol:
the pub was heaving but seats were got and we had a good old laugh with old friends and new..
to be continued
shay

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Re: ring of kerry honda run may 2015 part 3

Post by knapdog » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:34 am

Well done Shay. Bloody brilliant.