Southern Ireland trip/ ring of kerry

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
jammy james
Member formerly known as james cub
Rides:: 1989 Honda 90 cub (elec start!)1988 honda cub. 2010 Suzuki fl 125 address+

Southern Ireland trip/ ring of kerry

Post by jammy james » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Well I did type up a massive write up but hit a wrong button and lost it all... :( so here's the short version...Not many good pics as did not take my proper camera...Well 980 miles covered over a long weekend from Dorset out to Killarny Southern Ireland and back/lots of rain/lots of c50/70/90s and others...managed 100 mile stint up M4 on a tank of fuel! A top time and will be back I'm sure! Had a rather smug moment sat in Rosslare passenger terminal filling up with soggy bikers/lots of Harleys and large tourers mostly/I was pretty dry under my gear/most others were stripping off and soaked. I had done the trip on my 1988 c90 that cost me £100 in 2005 (and in daily use) my derry boots £30 from my courier days/unlined waterproof trousers were given to me free/unlined waterproof coat £10 army surplus/waterproof gloves £30 from camping shop/ all this worn over my regular jeans/jumper/coat. My bike AND gear was less than £200! :D I'd say the biggest help in staying dry is my screen.Image