ring of kerry honda run may 2015 part 2

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

ring of kerry honda run may 2015 part 2

Post by shayshondacub90 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:42 pm

on sat morning we consulted our maps and hit the road for 830 am
into new ross for some petrol we then made our way over to waterford city
we then head for lismore and short teabreak was called for..
then we hit cork fermoy to be exact biggest county in ireland
next town was mallow also cork then we soon hit the kerry countryside
and we passed through the rathmore in kerry where one of the cadburys factorys are located
(couldent see it though)
about a hour from killarney we stopped for another coffee break
and had a few text messages from all the gang already in killarney..
the clouds went black another half hour in and we had the first rain of our trip so far,,
but at about 130 we had arrived in killarney and done 170 miles to get there from wexford..
sat run wasent due to start till 430 so we had some time to kill
staying in seperate places in killarney we went our different ways in search of our lodgings for the few days..
while asking directions amie and gang were out in town and i bumped into them (handy)
so i followed them back to our place we were staying..
a nice few hours rest after long journey we went over to the meet up point just across the road
and 60 bikes had turned up for the sat rideout and the world famous gap of dunloe was the destination.
we set off at 430 ish and the rain arrived and it was very heavy,,, :(
up the ring of kerry we went and then turned off for the gap of dunloe in the black valley and despite the weather the scenery was outstanding..
one poor guy on honda 90 missed a turn and straight into a field he went but had a soft landing as it was soft bog so he was ok.
when i came around corner they were pulling him out and i pulled over to lend a hand ..he got bike going and off he went not a bother on him...
bike had very small legshield damage..
cutting the run short due to heavy rain we had done 44 miles and we ariived back in killarney about 630..
bikes parked and locked up for the night we got some food in and few beers and had a good laugh in the house then we hit the pub...
few pints later we head back to the house for more chatting and slagging..
having done 220 miles that day i was looking for ward to my bed and hit the sack as sunday was due to be our biggest day of our trip
to be continued
shay