honda 50 run west of cork ireland 21 aug. 2010

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

honda 50 run west of cork ireland 21 aug. 2010

Post by shayshondacub90 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:49 pm

another run and i found myself heading to west cork in southern ireland for a promised 100 mile run tru some lovely scenic parts of irelands second capital!!!
just under 4 hours and my 2004 renault car(2007)engine got me to west cork which is over an hour from cork city.
through 2 tolls (190)each and i made it to historic clonakilty or clon as the locals call it.
this being over 300km from my house in dublin meant i couldent drive there on my beloved cub 90 so my bike travelled down in style in a back of a small truck with a tailift ;) ;)
bikes unloaded and it was time to registar(30 euro)which includes food throughout the day :D
at 12 we all head off approx 100 bikes including trikes and the odd goldwing!!! :P
we then proceded to travel tru some of the nicest towns and seen the best scenery iv even seen in my days on the road,stopping off along the way to get food and petrol.
in a town called kilbrittan there was a skelaton of a huge whale which got beached in 2009 and the locals kept the skelaton to attract tourists .getting back to starting point we were treated to a roast pig on the spit and a lovely bbq which i had some of but had to leave about 7pm for my 4 hour journey back to dublin city. the bike run was 81 miles in the end and my car journey was over 600 km but i enjoyed every minute and look forward to next year in west cork
shay :D

tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

Re: honda 50 run west of cork ireland 21 aug. 2010

Post by tom robinson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Shay,
sounds like you had a good day out,ive never been to southern Ireland but i am told it is beautiful.Ive a mate who used to go for 2 weeks camping and fishing every year and i always intended going with him but never got round to it,sadly he is no longer with us.
The pig roast and barbecue sounds good,mmmm i can almost smell it from here,ha ha
carry on cubing
tom robinson