Kirkstone Pass

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

Kirkstone Pass

Post by tom robinson » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi guys been out for a bimble this afternoon,Rode to Windermere then over Kirkstone Pass to Ullswater I had an hours walk around Arra Falls then on my return i accidentally got mixed up with a vintage bike clubs monthly run,the bike in front of me was an LE Velo,the bike had about the same speed as me and about the same on hills.I rode with them for a while and had a chat with them for 10/15 mins,then a look at their bikes ,they was nice guys.They invited me to join their club as my bike is over 25 years old but i politely turned them down,they said my bike could do with a little tiding up,but i told them i use my bike daily.
I rode home using minor roads but the council had been tarring and chipping the roads,they was a nightmare to ride on,the chippings was heaped up right in the line a bike uses,i had a few r send tightening moments.
I wont be surprised if i have a puncture tomorrow.
I would have gone to Rhayada but i have had some family business on this weekend,Ive got to admit i am not a camping fan,well in i tent that is.
cheers and carry on cubbing
tom robinson

shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

Re: Kirkstone Pass

Post by shayshondacub90 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 am

i love a spin on my little honda too and sad as may seem i record all milage done in my book(since jan 2010) :D
shay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FATMANRACING
Rides:: Bandit 600, Honda Monkey, Cub90

Post by FATMANRACING » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm

It,s a top ride from Pooley Bridge, down side of Ullswater, and over Kirkstone pass..... ;)
Were up there this weekend, staying at Parkfoot campsite (top side of Pooley Bridge), probably around 100+ Monkey bikes 8-)
Have a ride up mate...you,ll probably see/hear us. :roll: ;)

tom robinson

Post by tom robinson » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:13 am

Hi Fatman racing,
i would love to visit you and have the crack,but this weekend but i am camping in Lancashire,i am in a club and we meet up and camp every few weeks.
i hope to meet up with you some time in the future
cheers
tom robinson

FATMANRACING
Rides:: Bandit 600, Honda Monkey, Cub90

Post by FATMANRACING » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Landlord in that boozer on top of pass is a right Mardy A r se, we stopped for about 2 mins, to let everybody group up, ...he came out and told us to F*ck off out of his car park. :shock:
Did,nt help at time, one lad on a Gag bike doing a burnout... :roll:

tom robinson

Post by tom robinson » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:37 pm

The pub ive used in the past is The Golden Rule,its at the Ambleside end of "The Struggle".If i get any trouble off people i tell them i am broke down and i have phoned the AA,ha ha all 50 of you!Why dont you all go in and order drinks then tell him his beer is off and you all want your money back.Most pubs these days are biker friendly even in the lake district.
Ive been over the Struggle to the quarry you will see high above the road, driving a 50 ton mobile crane,it made it pant a bit.
Rode over to Lancashire to watch a motorcycle trial this evening,on my way back there was a storm and floods,would you believe it there is a hosepipe ban here in Cumbria with all its Lakes !
Hope the weather picks up as i am going camping tomorrow.
Cheers
tom robinson