oldcastle co meath honda 50 run june 27 2010 ireland

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

oldcastle co meath honda 50 run june 27 2010 ireland

Post by shayshondacub90 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 am

sunday morning last i set off to my 8th run on my bike (57 miles there)to a little town called oldcastle i co meath in sunny ireland(ha ha )stopping to take some pics along the way i got there at 1205 which was just under 2 hours of a enjoyable spin.
meeting up with the usual crowd i availed of the coffee and scones on offer and registered for the run.back out in the lovely sunshine we admired the bikes and talked of past runs and future ones(plenty on this year in 2010) the run last about 3/4 hours and 60 miles was covered by the 140 or so bikes which turned up for this run.back for raffle and buffet and my time had come to plug in the ipod and let simon and garfunkel guide me home to the city of dublin a little quicker home at 1 hour 45 mins and i reached my home just after 7pm with 175 miles clocked up today which is a personal best for me since my last record of 147 miles(i know small time compared to the english lads)iv put up some videos on youtube if anyone is still awake after reading this!!!!just click on birdman404 and look for oldcastle honda 50 run june 27 2010
shay :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

Re: oldcastle co meath honda 50 run june 27 2010 ireland

Post by tom robinson » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:08 am

Hi shayshonda50,
it sounds like you guys have a good time in S.Ireland.Your mileages are about my limit!Ive read about guys doing high milage on c class bikes and cant help but admire them,i dont include Jehovas in this ,lets be honest they are in a different class(modern design and larger cc's,usually)
Ive often wondered what kind of mileages are ridden on cubs in other countries,i think we would be surprised.
The weather has just changed here in Cumbria,i am about to get my cub out and go to town on a mission,we have just had a thunder storm so its back to the waterproofs
cheers and happy cubbing
tom robinson