Doughnuts are silly!!

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Doughnuts are silly!!

Post by aliengravy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Finally got round to uploading this! This is a video from mine and Mavs ride out on Saturday!

It was a nice glorious day, and i said to Mav come on lets jump on the bikes and go off roading on the byways. He's up for that so off we go. After a lecture about not falling off with Newts helmet cam on we set off. It was a lovely day and we used the byways to explore the little airfields local to us.

Anyway..... On the way back home we went through the byway we used in the snow around new years! My bike was running great, and Mav had blown his exhaust! After watching Herrod do proper doughnuts at Matlock i really fancied another go. Well at first i got the hang of it... then it all went wrong!!

After the second, i stopped and thought i was going to fall off, but when riding along the trail with all them gravel patches flying past I thought I had to try it again! After the second time round, i stupidly removed my left had from the handlebar. This meant i no longer had the clutch! I backed the revs off a little, and the knobbly had now worn through the gravel to the mud......
It bit and put me up on the back wheel... still not being able to reach the clutch the wheelie made me give it more throttle, the bike ghostied, and I went down :(

The oil breather is open on top of the engine, so with the crankcase pressure and then engine on its side it blew some of the oil out of the breather! I then noticed the washer, and he end of a bolt! I had sheared the bottom engine bolt.

I bent the cheese footpeg back and rode the bike home slowly in case the bottom bolt slid out (it was still in there holding the engine in!)

When i got home i realised i had lost my chain guard bung. I thought i had lost it in Matlock.... when i watched the video back i noticed it in the gravel.... So we jumped in the clio and rallied down the byway and picked it up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was a good day! But now i've got to fix my bike :(

So let it be a lesson to you all!! Don't be silly on your bike ;) (too much :P )

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Doughnuts are silly!!

Post by Newtsalad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 pm

How very odd! Right footed donuts! Much more comfortable on my left leg myself, and like you, I'm right handed! :D

maverick
The Hidden Ninja
Rides:: c90 with Lifan 125 manual and a CD90Z that needs "work"

Post by maverick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 am

haha you can hear me laugh in that video I felt bad for all of a second!

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:04 am

maverick wrote:haha you can hear me laugh in that video I felt bad for all of a second!
May have felt like a second to you Mav, but I'm sure it was just one frame of 30 per second! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: