Future Meets

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

Future Meets

Post by tom robinson » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:42 am

Hi guys and galls,
does this forum have a "future Meets" section,i would love to have a ride out with you guys,(i think the word guys,nowadays includes galls),also any camping trips. I dont mean to slag the way you run this forum you do a great job,i am looking forward to part three of the Honda step through guide,i have thought of obtaining a frame and having it shotblasted,repaired and repainted in a brilliant yellow then fitting all the running gear from my present bike,i have seen one in brilliant yellow and it looked the dogs do dahs
I recently tried to get my local supplier to obtain a windscreen for my cub but he said he couldnt get hold of one,i came across one on ebay,it seems ok and does the job but i dont think it will last as long as the Lintec one i had,that one survived over 20 years!
I am thinking of getting a front rack and basket but replacing the basket with a small top box,or a plastic petrol can for when i do distance runs,i hate pulling in to petrol stations for 2 ltrs of fuel and waiting to pay .The spine racks ive seen advertised look a bit flimsy,maybe they are tougher than they look!
I think its gin and cronic time now mmmmm
tom robinson

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Future Meets

Post by Newtsalad » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:47 am

tom robinson wrote:Hi guys and galls,
does this forum have a "future Meets" section,i would love to have a ride out with you guys,(i think the word guys,nowadays includes galls),also any camping trips. I dont mean to slag the way you run this forum you do a great job,i am looking forward to part three of the Honda step through guide,i have thought of obtaining a frame and having it shotblasted,repaired and repainted in a brilliant yellow then fitting all the running gear from my present bike,i have seen one in brilliant yellow and it looked the dogs do dahs
I recently tried to get my local supplier to obtain a windscreen for my cub but he said he couldnt get hold of one,i came across one on ebay,it seems ok and does the job but i dont think it will last as long as the Lintec one i had,that one survived over 20 years!
I am thinking of getting a front rack and basket but replacing the basket with a small top box,or a plastic petrol can for when i do distance runs,i hate pulling in to petrol stations for 2 ltrs of fuel and waiting to pay .The spine racks ive seen advertised look a bit flimsy,maybe they are tougher than they look!
I think its gin and cronic time now mmmmm
tom robinson
viewforum.php?f=18
viewforum.php?f=19