My C90 Keeps Rolling On -----And On

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

My C90 Keeps Rolling On -----And On

Post by tom robinson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi to you all,and greetings from the english lake district.
Ive been out on my ultra powerfull cub today,i had lunch sat on the shores of lake Windermere,very nice.
I own a self built campervan but find it a bit expensive going out for a spin each day,it comes down to simple mathmatics 30mpg v 150mpg,you dont have to be Einstein to work that one out,ha ha.I have a bike rack for my campervan so i often take my cub with me.
I would have liked to attend the Matlock meet but i had previously made arrangments for a camping trip early april,not to worry i will catch up with you guys sooner or latter.
An interesting run out up the lake district is the Wrynose and Hardknot passes.I went over them last week,the snow was still down in places and tecnically the road was closed but 4x4's and my c90 made it,he he.
I have mates with fancy powerfull expensive road bikes who wouldnt have dreamt of doing this run,IN CASE THEY DROPPED EM.
I have upped the front drive sprocket by 1 tooth,i was tempted to go up to a 16 tooth sprocket but it would reduce the C90's pulling power,ok if you live in Holland but no good in the lake district!
I have been tempted to buy a Innova but i am not sure if they would have the same build quality and reliability as the C90's.My C90 has never failed to start in 25 years,the only regular maintenance was to change the engine oil.
Right i am going to plan my run out for tomorrow,this retirement lark is ok when you own a C90
yours blah blah
tom robinson

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Re: My C90 Keeps Rolling On -----And On

Post by Leiba » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Welcome. :D
The same bike for 25 years? The longest I had was my new bought C50 that I sold after 18 years.

gil.123
Rides:: motorcross

Post by gil.123 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:19 pm

hey tom, sent my love to the lake district! i used to go to Windermere St annes school last year, its right at the bottom of kerkstone pass. i always used to see a red cub flying down there every sunday chasing the Superbikes, just wondered if that was you? :D

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Here y' go.. a few of us (Bogger, CubStig, JJ, Swim41 and me filming) riding over Hardknott a couple of years back.

Boo

Post by Boo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:06 pm

...and a Lakes run from last year. Camera's hand-held on this one, so didn't get any Hardknott action (didn't fancy it one-handed even for a second!!) camera also silent, so it's music soundtracked instead.

gil.123
Rides:: motorcross

Post by gil.123 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 am

Epic.. truly Epic.. i used throw my classic mini into those bends every weekend. fantastic roads, but perfect for a cub bummble. :D just wish i'd managed to get on two wheels up there too. :(

tom robinson

Post by tom robinson » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi Boo,
WOW! i enjoyed your vids of Hardknot rally,i did some heavy braking sat here in my armchair,ha ha.
Did you do the Wrynose Pass part as well,the hairpins and steepness and gravely road surface make it "interesting".
A few weeks ago i went over and there was still snow on the ground,the only vehicles that was not turning back were 4 wheel drives and my C90! Great fun.
I dont think i travel as fast as you guys,but you have heard the story of the tortoise and the hare!
I liked the sound of the first vid because the exhaust notes got me exited,i wanted to be with you.
A commentary would be cool but how you manage to vid using a hand held is beyond me,it must be like the spinning plates act.
40 years ago me and my then girlfriend went over these passes in a Austin 7 Ruby,good crack but my girlfriend did wet her knickers the brakes wasnt to hot.
I hope to meet up with you guys this summer,are you going to VJMC at Salmsbury(nr.Blackburn) in May ?
Will any of the guys be camping?
The road from Belmont to Horwich is cool,this winter i have camped on the top(winter hill) in my old camper van,its cool when the mist is down,windy and the rain is lashing down.

Cheers tom robinson

Boo

Post by Boo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Here's the Wrynose bit of the first journey Tom. These ones with sound had the camera taped to the mirror, but I decided later that it made more interesting film doing it left hand held. I've recently got a camera with sound again, and have footage of the recent Matlock run to edit (had it done last week then programme crashed and lost it! :( ) , so watch this space!

PS.. loads of Cub run footage on my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/boo66
PPS.. I'll be at Nab's Head.. I'll look out for thee.

tom robinson

Post by tom robinson » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:22 am

Hi Boo,
the vid of Wrynose was great,yet again sat in my armchair and enjoying your filming,lots of heavy duty braking from me.
The film shows what a poxy road surface it is !
Does this road compare with Ryhada? ha ha rubbish spelling but you know the road i mean,i guess its the welsh equivalant.
Looking forward to having the crack with you at Salmsbury,do you know if any of the guys will be camping that weekend,ive not got a tent but i could bring my camper and sling the bike on the rack.
I am going to watch your other clips on Youtube this evening,i am sure they will beat currynation st. and eastbenders
all the best
tom robinson