bolts

RE-OPENED :)
Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Re: bolts

Post by Boo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 pm

The only difference I can see with that stud, is it's open to the air, where the other 3 are sealed in the engine. Why that should necessitate a plain nut I dunno. I think you're right with the superstition there Pjam! :D

Chinese engines always have 4 shiny domes.. The Confucious / Buddha divide? :shock:

herrod
Rides:: C50 cd90z 600 Rotax flat tracker.

Post by herrod » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Boo wrote:The only difference I can see with that stud, is it's open to the air, where the other 3 are sealed in the engine. Why that should necessitate a plain nut I dunno. I think you're right with the superstition there Pjam! :D

Chinese engines always have 4 shiny domes.. The Confucious / Buddha divide? :shock:

what you mean like feng shui?

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:10 pm

I went to Orbital today (big online trader in fasteners ) They only have Stainless and zinc ....... despite what the website claims :x My project is crying out for a traditional look :( Spent £20 there and didn't get what I wanted :roll:

I beg you to go through that cardboard box in you shed and send me nuts, bolts and washers ...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

dread
Rides:: lamb chop, vespa cutdown. italjet dragster chopper

Post by dread » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:20 pm

don't know a bout specific bolts but for me buff dee wiffy bought me 560 bolts stainless allen head monkey bike kit. was 22/23 quid to the door. there are a set in there that have about 1 cm next to the alen head that is not threaded. (vespa ones are like this, so possibly these are engine case bolts.

Janz
Rides:: The GhettoCub

Post by Janz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

dread wrote:don't know a bout specific bolts but for me buff dee wiffy bought me 560 bolts stainless allen head monkey bike kit. was 22/23 quid to the door. there are a set in there that have about 1 cm next to the alen head that is not threaded. (vespa ones are like this, so possibly these are engine case bolts.
That is a good price Dread! The bloke I use charges £7 quid for a complete engine kit plus carb/manifold mounting studs - ok, its real steel not recycled far eastern cheese but sod that, £22 quid for 560 bolts is pukka value mate!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Fuzz wrote:Its for this reason that I am currently in the process of compiling an A2 STAINLESS KIT for the 12v C90 Cub.
Will fit the..C50, C70 , 12v C90 C & the later square headlamp C90 Economy Cub, kick start ONLY model.
Hoping to compile a kit for the electric start.
Kit will contain allens to fit ...
Clutch cover, Genny cover & the bolts that hold the crankcases together.
Also includes the 2 x small screws that hold the carb float bowl on , that should allow bowl removal without removing the carb.
& the ESSENTIAL 4 x replacement screws for the internal clutch centrifuge cover.

ALSO will be supplying the diagrams below showing what goes where..

Fuzz

( Library picture )

Janz
Rides:: The GhettoCub

Post by Janz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:04 am

Well, I'll take a kit off you Fuzz mate. What sort of price are you gonna levy?