front wheel collar required?!

RE-OPENED :)
jamhedz
Rides:: honda cub 90(rosie)

front wheel collar required?!

Post by jamhedz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:41 pm

the front wheel collar for a c90(like these... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-C50-C65 ... 29fd3a592a

Required please,how much and how much for postage? I know they are quite small but also a bit weighty too.i don't mind waiting a few days(am off to barcelona next week)and can wait for a cheaper postal rate if necessary.
the ones on my c90 have grooves in them that look like they are worn,is this safe to ride/normal.
Also as it's related to this topic,the 2 nuts(1 on each side of the wheel) that are just above the wheel spindle~(it looks like they hold the suspension springs on)- how tight are they meant to be? as mine were not even finger tight/very loose and I got a bit scared so haven't ridden it since as i wanted to find out first.

If my description confuses,then I shall take a photo and upload it tomorrow.

thanks

jamhedz
Rides:: honda cub 90(rosie)

Re: front wheel collar required?!

Post by jamhedz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:43 pm

I am aware that I could just order them from this e-bay fella but I prefer to order from uk as don't want to wait for months and months getting them from thailand.

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Post by krazy kev » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 pm

jamhedz wrote:the front wheel collar for a c90(like these... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-C50-C65 ... 29fd3a592a

Required please,how much and how much for postage? I know they are quite small but also a bit weighty too.i don't mind waiting a few days(am off to barcelona next week)and can wait for a cheaper postal rate if necessary.
the ones on my c90 have grooves in them that look like they are worn,is this safe to ride/normal.
Also as it's related to this topic,the 2 nuts(1 on each side of the wheel) that are just above the wheel spindle~(it looks like they hold the suspension springs on)- how tight are they meant to be? as mine were not even finger tight/very loose and I got a bit scared so haven't ridden it since as i wanted to find out first.

If my description confuses,then I shall take a photo and upload it tomorrow.

thanks
they are only a spacer. just rub off any crud and polish with wet and dry paper and turn it around the other way. put a little grease where it goes in any oil seal. i presume the groove was caused by the oil seal over the ages

tony1
TRADER
Rides:: c50 c70 c90zz cn250

Post by tony1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:03 am

i might just have 1 of these and the other is with me somewhere.