Any recommendations for parts suppliers

RE-OPENED :)
hank
Rides:: C90zz, Yam QT50

Any recommendations for parts suppliers

Post by hank » Wed May 13, 2009 12:30 pm

I want to obtain some service parts for my Cub 90zz ( 1979).
Can anybody recommend a parts supplier, please.

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Any recommendations for parts suppliers

Post by Newtsalad » Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Hello Hank, & welcome! I have one o'dem! It's a V reg so I think it's '79. I don't have the log book for it. Its missing the clutch & a few bits, and it came with two other bikes so not had much chance to play with it. I haven't tried to source bits for it yet, is it a problem? With my other cubs, '90 '87 '84, I've found Orwell Motorcycles in Ipswich really useful, and 110% helpful. They are on 01473 808356. Cheers, Jim

hank
Rides:: C90zz, Yam QT50

Post by hank » Thu May 14, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks for reply.
I have only owned my Cub for a couple of weeks so I don't know about any difficulty in getting spares - Can't imagine there is with so many Cubs being made.
Just wanted to get a thread going so that Cubsters can post in the name and details of their favourite suppliers so that we can spead the info around and hopefully eventually get together a list of recommended suppliers around the country.
I have a selfish motive as well, I need some service items and a rear carrier rack.

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Post by aliengravy » Thu May 14, 2009 6:38 pm

hank wrote:Thanks for reply.
I have only owned my Cub for a couple of weeks so I don't know about any difficulty in getting spares - Can't imagine there is with so many Cubs being made.
Just wanted to get a thread going so that Cubsters can post in the name and details of their favourite suppliers so that we can spead the info around and hopefully eventually get together a list of recommended suppliers around the country.
I have a selfish motive as well, I need some service items and a rear carrier rack.

I like this idea Hank :)

Rico
Rides:: Cub90, CG125, GS500, Bimota YB10.

Post by Rico » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 pm

I've got a rack with a topbox fitted which I really don't want! The hinge on the box is busted but easy to fix up. I could do with a rear indicator, front linkage repair kit and a back tyre- a 300(2.75 maybe) x17 trials type ideally. I'm in north Hampshire if that's any good to you, and it will be a pig to post. I've just dealt with Grampian Motors on a recommendation from this site and they've been helpful, as well as having the bits I need, which most didn't.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Rico.
a 300 tyre WILL foul the mudguard & swinging arm.
I KNOW the 275 fits , as I have them on all my cubs.

Which fork repair kit are you after >?
I have the one without the grease nipples here.

Your rack , is it rusty or clean, as I could do with one .

Fuzz

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Post by aliengravy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:17 pm

We had a 300 fitted on the race bike, and that was a knobbly. If you had a 300 street tyre it would definitely go on the back, might be touch and go on the front though!!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Prof had a 300 on his Cub & had to take it off ?

Rico
Rides:: Cub90, CG125, GS500, Bimota YB10.

Post by Rico » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:58 pm

The rack is surprisingly clean, it's silver all over rather than mostly brown- I thought they came that way!- and it fits like it was made for a soupdragon. Can't stand topboxes, hideous things, I'd rather carry my crap in my hands; take it, have it. Tyrewise , I'll take what turns up for pence, but it's nice to know how big to go. I'd prefer the repair kit with grease points, but if they don't wobble, purpose is served. I'd say 'swap' but you'd end up with a box on the back and I'd get a mot, not really fair.

Fuzz

Fork repair kit / rear rack

Post by Fuzz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Pretty sure that the earlier nippled type sleeves are a smaller diameter.
If your exsisting ones have NO NIPPLES , I THINK you need to replace with the NO NIPPLES kit !

I have Conti 275's on the back of all my C90 Cubs & find them to be great.

I'm ok with a swap?

1 x NON NIPPLE fork repair kit , sent to you

FOR

Rear Rack (NO TOP BOX) sent to me ???

Where are you ????