Rack and box wanted plus info

RE-OPENED :)
Muldoon
Rides:: Honda c90

Rack and box wanted plus info

Post by Muldoon » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:47 pm

Hello, sorry new to all this and not sure how to work this site or if you will get this message,I have an E reg Honda c90 cub beautiful little thing I am trying to locate a rear carrier and box for it and a decent place where I can order parts from any assistance would be fantastic kind regards jez.

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Re: Rack and box wanted plus info

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:32 pm

Welcome!
Might be an idea to add your location to your details and also the year of your C90 (it's probably a C90G).

The rear rack and box depends on what you want. If you just want something to use and don't mind modern then there are all sorts of bargains on eBay. There is a little black rack on there from several places that's currently about £22 cheapest, they are not bad, bolt on in 10 mins, I've got a couple. They attach at the rear to the number plate bracket so you if you have any problems with the rear end under the plastic mudguard it'll highlight them! There are some really cheap top boxes on there starting at £25.
If you want an authentic period rack and box then they do come up on eBay used sometimes, Rickman racks and boxes are the favourite as they were sold by Honda under the Hondastyle name. You just have to be patient, they do come up. Worth mentioning that the racks sometimes come up without all the fittings/spacers etc, this can be a pain especially with the rack with pannier loops that should come with brackets to relocate the indicators.
Ordering parts. If you want original Honda find your model on CMSNL website, this has all the original microfiche diagrams linked with part numbers. CMSNL will sell you stuff if in stock but they are in Holland. You can use the part numbers on David Silvers website, sometimes Honda themselves (although their carriage costs can be horrific - they wanted £10 to ship a £9 speedo drive, I ordered it from my local dealer). You can even bung the part number into Google it sometimes links to eBayers with genuine Honda parts.
A good source of pattern parts are Wemoto, again find your model/year and it comes up with lists of assemblies.

Good luck, you'll soon get the hang of it. :lol:

Devon general andy
Rides:: SH300 (2016),'88 C90MG,'94 & '95 C90P, '98 C90T & other 12v sq h.lt models.

Post by Devon general andy » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:48 am

Yes, bikerbaker has covered it pretty much.
Year (‘E’ reg. I presume about 1987 not ‘67?) and does it have an electric starter or just kicker?
Does it have a single small seat (just covers fuel tank) or a long duel seat.
We can work out the rest for you.
And by the way, WELCOME to the c90club forum,
Cheers Andy.

Muldoon
Rides:: Honda c90

Post by Muldoon » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:10 pm

Hi many thanks it's a 1987 e reg square headlight model with a double seat not a singular seat with kick start not electric, excuse me if i sound daft ime trying to get my head around this site I didn't even see your reply sorry :roll: