Wanted! Side panel for 1986 C90e in blue (LH side/tool kit cover)

RE-OPENED :)
Mtaylor
Rides:: 1986 (C reg) Honda C90e

Wanted! Side panel for 1986 C90e in blue (LH side/tool kit cover)

Post by Mtaylor » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:44 pm

I’m after 1 x LH side panel as per photo
Must be original and in good condition with no cracks or large scratches/chips.
Does anyone have 1 for sale?
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mtaylor

Re: Wanted! Side panel for 1986 C90e in blue (LH side/tool kit cover)

Post by Mtaylor » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Any panels out there for sale?

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Post by bikerbaker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am

It's been a few weeks so probably not. If it were me I would do the eBay thing. There are a few blue s/h panels for sale on there plus you can get a pair of new aftermarket ones for about £25. These will probably not match your bike, although blue bikes seem to suffer less from sunburn than red, also you would need to swap the emblems over. There seem to be more blue than red at the moment too, including e/s battery covers (if a perfect red one of these comes up I would probably buy it!)

You could also repair your existing one, get a rattle can mixed up and respray it. The crack looks as though it has been caused by over tightening of the screw. It's quite important to get the adjuster nut right to prevent this, also make sure the screw has not been bent which doesn't help.

Red bikes seem to be the worst to match up. I have 2, spare genuine plastics, an almost complete set of aftermarket plastics and nothing matches. :lol:

Mtaylor

Post by Mtaylor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:03 pm

bikerbaker wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am
It's been a few weeks so probably not. If it were me I would do the eBay thing. There are a few blue s/h panels for sale on there plus you can get a pair of new aftermarket ones for about £25. These will probably not match your bike, although blue bikes seem to suffer less from sunburn than red, also you would need to swap the emblems over. There seem to be more blue than red at the moment too, including e/s battery covers (if a perfect red one of these comes up I would probably buy it!)

You could also repair your existing one, get a rattle can mixed up and respray it. The crack looks as though it has been caused by over tightening of the screw. It's quite important to get the adjuster nut right to prevent this, also make sure the screw has not been bent which doesn't help.

Red bikes seem to be the worst to match up. I have 2, spare genuine plastics, an almost complete set of aftermarket plastics and nothing matches. :lol:
Thanks for the reply. To be honest I can probably live with it, i Keep looking on eBay but they are few and far between.
Something may come up .....
Thanks again for the comment